Saturday, September 24, 2005

Guatemalan Update #7 - WE ARE OUT!!

Dear Friends and Family,

At long last we are out of PGN which is the last Guatemalan court that has to give approval for adoptions. We still have some waiting to do, but this was the biggest hurdle (we think!).The funny thing about us now planning to go home is that we are also planning and thinking about coming back. We are not sure all what the Lord has planned for us here, but we have learned to love Guatemala and her people. The Lord has blessed us with opportunities to serve and learn many things. I know we will never be the same.

We are so thankful for those who have written to us and those who have called. We have missed you all. Even though I have been back to the States several times they have been such quick trips that I have not had any time for visiting. We look forward to catching up with all of you. It is exciting to know that God is at work EVERYWHERE - while He is changing and working in us, HE is doing the same with you all.

We have had a lot of fun family times. We spent some time in Panajachel for Labor Day, just goofing around and being a family. I have had some opportunities to preach in Spanish, and even participated in a baptism service. This next month we plan on visiting some more orphanages that we have made contacts with.

Like I said I had a crazy quick trip to Dallas, Chicago, and back. To tell you how crazy it was, here is a quick account: I got up at 4 AM - left for the airport - landed in Dallas at noon - had meetings for the rest of the day - drove home for dinner with my family - went to Walmart - drove back to Dallas went to bed - and so ended Tuesday and Josh was TIRED. Wednesday, I woke up - went to staff devotions at CAM - had meetings ALL day - went to dinner - came back to the apartment -packed up my stuff - went to bed - and Josh was TIRED. Thursday got up at 4 AM - flew to Chicago - had meetings all day - went to bed - and Josh was TIRED. Friday, morning meetings - went sightseeing that afternoon saw the original YMCA, went to Moody Bible Institute and the museum for DL Moody - had 4 inch thick Chicago pizza for dinner -ode the subway, and then..... Josh was TIRED and went to bed. Saturday, yep you guessed it..... JOSH WAS TIRED. I flew to Dallas - went through customs - flew back to Guatemala. I got home about 8:30 PM. All of that to say, if you wonder why I have not been making social calls when I have been home --- all of my CAM trips have been like this or worse :-)


We love and miss you all. Keep praying!

- Josh, Betty, Abel, Abraham, Joelle, and Nathanael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home